Monday 11 March 2013

Ceramics

So for better or worse I'm doing ceramics.I think it's the right choice.I'm a bit down about the whole art school thing at the moment. Wondering is it really for me, I really enjoyed the first term but much less so latley, it will probably pass. I'm looking forward to this project The topic for the next 6 weeks is Limerick city. I've had some ideas,first; Limerick is a rugby town so I made a plasticine maquette for a ceramc piece .Its a lne out. Although I played for my school (Cresant) AT Junior and Senior levle I always had a very amblivient relationshp to the game ,this piece hopes to show this Second; I find lots of ceramic articles scuba diving, many have transfer or sponge prints. I would like to remake these with contemporary but complimentry scenes. I have made a mock up by drawing on some with black felt tip Last; The Hunt Museum has some very nice ceramics. This is a plate with butterflies and beetles.I've done one with tough Limerick kids Thjere is more but that is enough for tonight. One last thing , just back from Berlin art trip . Masses of good art but something that really stuck with me were wood cuts done in the ruins of Dresden after it was blown to bits by the Britsh . The scratchy wood cut gets the violence across very well

No comments:

Post a Comment