Wednesday 13 March 2013

Prometheous unbound

I did another rugby line out , this time in clay. I've done 3 this week. The first was a straight forward plasticine maquette. I thought it was attractive and if cast in bronze would be very nice. the second was a drawng and I was taking the piss. I played rugby but I'm not really competitive in that way so never really cared if we won or lost. This was something I never said to my team mates and made me feel a bit of an outsider I decided this wasn't fair to the game I made many friends playing rugby,it made you top dog around the school being on the 1st team and all that exercise must have been some benifit to me. So I did another piece in clay' It tries to show my ambivalent feelings.The player being elevated , is larger than life and is a bit inhuman looking. The other figures are slightly in postures of worshp. It looks slightly religious. There is this in the game, aggeresion, hero worship and almost religious following of the game Finally, compleatly unrelated, saw a lovely double rainbow after scuba diving in the river this evening, just a phone photo I'm afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment