Monday 11 February 2013

Collecting

Just back from a few days in lanzarote. I was looking in churches and museums , saw lots of little collectons , carfull aqrrangments of holy statues or childrens toys. Also beside my bed in the appartment I put things i find underwater or on the beach, fossils, bits of Roman pot, animal skulls . I like collections, the way stuff is carefully arranged .I move the bits around to give the most pleasing effect. I was also looking at holy statues in churches the Spansh have a great apprciation for the colourfull and grotesque saw lots of statues with real clothes and hair ( I own 17TH C Jesus with real clothes hair and glass eyes, he lives on a shelf in my house and stares out madly at us)Its strange what looks natural to one culture looks qute bizzare to another

No comments:

Post a Comment