Wednesday 31 December 2014

print blog SIX live prints

An etching Whistler did on the spot in Venice
I have done a series of prints where I have done the wood cut, etching or lithograph directly from life. I read Whistler brought prepared etching plates to Venice and did scenes from life with no preparatory drawing this appealed to me. This is what I did
A lithograph of the lithograph studio the drawing took 10 minuets, if I spent any longer it would have been overworked. I only did it because I was cross being kept waiting for acetone to do a photo transfer.  I hate waiting around, if your constantly doing stuff you can only improve. 

A woodcut done in life class, the model had her hair done up like Amy Whitehouse. It gave her a 1950,s look so I made it look kitschy and put in a le Corbusier chaise long 
this was a cold day, no one could find a heater so the model kept her cloths on. Because of my position in the rooms her boots were prominent in the composition. This made her like like a boy and the wood cut made her look Victorian I was thinking of a young Brunel so I put engineering and geometry stuff in the background. The whole composition was due to chance of weather, lack of a heater and a boyhood interest in Victorian engineering

This is a wood cut I did during a crit

Two etchings done in a life class

No comments:

Post a Comment