Tuesday 30 December 2014

print blogTWO I have nothing to say, sorry

I painted this late one night

The little boy on platform is me as a child
I don't generally consciously plan pictures but I fnd ,looking back, my pictures are either purely illustrations, landscapes  or still lifes or pictures about me and my immediate family. If I look at  bigger social or political issues the work, to me anyway looks false, a pastiche



all pictures have a story. This is my nephew, oisin striding out confidently in his new hometown of Tilberg, Holland. It isn't necessary for the viewer to know the whole story. It,s enough that the emotional charge put in by the artist comes through. If it does the picture resonates with the viewer and it works as art,If it doesn't then no amount of written explanation will help

No comments:

Post a Comment