Tuesday 16 April 2013

RAW GLAZE

Visiting lecturer today and yesterday ,thanks Josie Walter really enjoyed it. I missed yesterday , working in Kenmare 40 patients , straight thru 9 30 to 5 30 and not even a coffee break and 5 hours in the car, working today after college, seriously feeling the pressure, but I did manage to get 10 mins of the 3rd yr ceramics show at studio 75 in before collecting my daughter from her studies. So I can't complain and I do know others have all sorts of things going on in their lives as well as college. So I have it easier than many But anyway, enough , today I learnt 1;Raw glazing , this suits someone as IMPATIENT as me, the piece can be made slip applied and glaze applied all in one go, in ceramics as in everything in life I want instant results 2; Slips and scraffito to decorate red clay;I did this today 3;monoprinting on clay,thanks to Kirean, very nice 4; to keep the studio clean , sorry Elaine! I also made some little ceramic markers for Julie's herb pots. They are the first usefull things I've made in art and it gave me a kind of a thrill, its something I like about ceramics I've worked in a practical profession for over 30 years and to be honest I find a lot of Fine Art too up it's self

No comments:

Post a Comment