Friday 16 November 2012

grown up art

did an animation today little blue bird rowing infront of island i painted wedensday , I thought it was rather good, a passing tutor didnt think much of it. I think he was right. Its a feeling that has been growing on me , that what I have done so far is pretty silly, clay and wire dollies. Time to grow up. Not sure what ill do I.ll think about iit over the week end.
  I'm an orthodontist. I remember explaining to an old country uncle what i did . At the end he asked incredulously "and is that a job"he obviously thought it no fit work for a grown man ,this afternoon back in my surgery and thinking back on the morning in college i was asking myself the same question of art, Though I honestly think it is me that is the problem and not the course or the art world  really feel a bit floundering at the moment , I imagine I'm not alone and it will all work out I'm only 8 weeks into it it took me 5 years to become a dentist and I imagine it will be something similar to become an artistI


stills from animation
i took a photo over the bonnet of my car last night
road near my house i painted a little while back
 might do some paintings at night , the night makes everything look clean.

1 comment:

  1. Your photo made me forget breathing for a while...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete